Match Page 2017-18 - Scoreboard WP ID: 132

Match Page 2017-18 - Last Time WP ID: 133

Match Page 2017-18 - Current Standing WP: 134

Match Page 2017-18 - H2H WP: 136

Match Page 2017-18 - Last 3 Matches WP: 142

Match Page 2017-18 - Season so Far WP:141

There is currently no preview for this fixture.

Match Page 2017-18 - Lineups WP: 135

Match Page 2017-18 - Match Data WP: 140

Match Page 2017-18 - Timeline WP:139

Dragons earn first win over Ospreys in four years

Avatar tdean 30 Dec 2018
Jared Rosser, Dragons

Dragons earned a tense 23-22 win over Ospreys, snapping a streak of over four years without a win against their Welsh provincial rivals.

A stunning try from Jared Rosser and Elliot Dee’s second-half score sent the hosts surging ahead but Justin Tipuric’s try set up a grandstand finish.

With just one point in it and one minute on the clock, Sam Davies had the opportunity to break Dragons’ hearts from the tee but sent his kick wide to get Rodney Parade rocking.

Josh Lewis booted over the first penalty attempt from more than 50 metres to give Dragons some early momentum.

The home side rode out early Ospreys pressure and were 6-0 up with 20 minutes on the clock after Lewis knocked over his second penalty of the match.

Moments later Davies made it 6-3 with his first penalty of the match.

Ospreys came closest to the first try of the match when Justin Tipuric put Olly Cracknell through the Dragons defence only for Hallam Amos to intercept before the ball could be recycled wide.

And Dragons made them pay as Rhodri Williams’ clearance kick bounced beautifully to bamboozle Dan Evans and Luke Morgan, landing perfectly in the hands of Jared Rosser who flicked the switch and sprinted 60 metres to the tryline.

Lewis’ conversion followed by another Davies penalty meant Dragons went in at the half-time whistle leading 13-6.

Davies kicked an early second-half penalty to narrow the gap but worse news for Dragons was to see the injury-troubled Hallam Amos forced to leave the pitch for a head injury assessment.

But ten minutes into the second-half Dragons scored their second try when Elliot Dee put the finishing touches to a good work from a lineout, Josh Lewis converting to take Dragons into a 20-9 lead.

Dragons were punished by the boot of Davies once again after Brandon Nansen put a shoulder into the chest of Gareth Thomas, the gap narrowed once more to 20-12.

And it grew even tighter after Ospreys went over the whitewash, flankers Cracknell and Tipuric combining once again but this time Cracknell did brilliantly and offloaded to his captain to dive over from 15 metres.

Davies converted to bring the gap back to a point and a further penalty exchange teed up a nail biting finish with Dragons leading by just one point at 23-22.

With a minute left on the clock Davies had a penalty opportunity to overhaul the Dragons lead and steal the victory but having kicked his previous six, he missed the match-clinching penalty.

This left Dragons to celebrate their first win over Ospreys since Boxing Day 2014.

Match Page 2017-18 - Summary WP:137

Match Page 2017-18 - Match Data WP: 140

Match Page 2017-18 - Timeline WP:139

Match Page 2017-18 - Lineups WP: 135

Match Page 2017-18 - Performance WP:138