The decision was made after consultation among PRO14 Rugby, Cardiff Blues and Benetton Rugby due to severe weather warnings that remain in place across the UK, Ireland and Europe.
Benetton Rugby’s flight was cancelled with limited options to use other routes while conditions around Cardiff Arms Park are expected to be hazardous from a health and safety point of view.
Similar to the issues that caused the postponement of Ulster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors and Edinburgh Rugby v Munster Rugby, travel disruption and safety concerns for supporters, match officials, players and staff from both clubs were paramount in making this decision.
It is in the best interests of everyone involved to postpone the fixture and the rescheduled date and kick-off time will be confirmed as soon as possible.
Once again, we hope that supporters understand the reasons behind this postponement and that any inconvenience caused is minor compared to the impact of making this decision closer to kick-off.
The Cardiff Arms Park office will also be closed until Monday. All purchased tickets for the clash will remain valid for the rearranged fixture or can be refunded. The ticket office will reopen on Monday.