Glasgow Warriors have enjoyed a perfect start to the domestic season, winning all ten matches and sit pretty at the top of Conference A.
And that’s in no small part to the incredible kicking of Finn Russell with the sharpshooter nailing a remarkable 20 of 21 kicks in the 2017/18 season.
This time last season the Scot finished was leading the way as the most accurate kicker with an 85.71 per cent conversion rate along with Leinster’s Jonathan Sexton – converting 12 of 14 kicks.
Backing that up is fellow Warrior Pete Horne who has missed just three of his 21 goal kicks this season to rank fifth overall.
The Warriors will look to continue their perfect run this weekend against Scottish rivals Edinburgh in the 1872 Cup and will be up against a pair of deadeye kickers
Duncan Weir has kicked 17 of 20 kicks successfully with Jason Tovey also improving his accuracy from the tee from last season, going from 71.43 to 83.33 per cent.
There’s a Welsh derby in Round 11 and it should be a Christmas cracker with defending champions Scarlets hosting the Ospreys.
The Scarlets have two players in the top ten in the shape of Dan Jones, who has missed just one kick and is second overall and of course Leigh Halfpenny, who has made 20 of 23 kicks on his return to Wales this term.
As for the Ospreys, they have Sam Davies, who has kicked 80 per cent successfully for the region, making 12 of 15 across the campaign so far.
Guinness PRO14 newboys Toyota Cheetahs have also been right at it in the kicking department with Ernst Stapelberg hitting an impressive 82.66 per cent success rate which has left him third overall in terms of total points scored in the league this season
Top 10 Goal Kickers 2017/18
- 1 Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors) 95.24% (20/21)
- 2 Dan Jones (Scarlets) 92.86% (13/14)
- 3 Jarrod Evans (Cardiff Blues) 91.67% (22/24)
- 4 Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets) 86.96% (20/23)
- 5 Pete Horne (Glasgow Warriors) 85.71% (18/21)
- 6 Steve Shingler (Cardiff Blues) 85% (17/20)
- 7 Duncan Weir (Edinburgh) 85% (17/20)
- 8 Jason Tovey (Edinburgh) 83.33% (15/18)
- 9 Ernst Stapelberg (Toyota Cheetahs) 82.86% (29/35)
- 10 Sam Davies (Ospreys) 80% (12/15)
Top 10 Goal Kickers 2016/17
- 1 Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors) 85.71% (12/14)
- 2 Johnny Sexton (Leinster) 85.71% (12/14)
- 3 Sam Davies (Ospreys) 84.85% (28/33)
- 4 Isa Nacewa (Leinster) 84.62% (22/26)
- 5 Tyler Bleyendaal (Munster) 83.87% (26/31)
- 6 Tommaso Allan (Benetton Rugby) 82.35% (14/17)
- 7 Rhys Patchell (Scarlets) 78.05% (32/41)
- 8 Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues) 76.19% (16/21)
- 9 Ian Keatley (Munster) 72.22% (13/18)
- 10 Jason Tovey (Edinburgh) 71.43% (10/14)
Note: Goal-kicking statistics refer to those players ranked in the Top 10 who had attempted a minimum of 10 shots at goal by Round 10 in each of the seasons referenced.
Guinness PRO14 Final 2018 Ticket Information: Fans can save up to 20% on selected tickets, and prices start at just €30 for adults and €5 for children, and can be booked via www.ticketmaster.ie