From the start of the season Guinness PRO14 referees will be wearing Macron match kits after a multi-year deal was signed with the Italian kit manufacturer, who provide Sportswear and Leisurewear for elite level clubs and national bodies around the world.
This season the Guinness PRO14 becomes a truly global tournament after the Toyota Cheetahs and the Southern Kings joined the Championship from South Africa to bring cross-hemisphere rugby to fans around the tournament.
Macron are a leading sportswear brand with their success due to the quality of products, high level of service and the ability to interpret the needs of athletes.
Dermot Rigley, Commercial & Marketing Director of PRO14 Rugby, was thrilled to welcome Macron to the Championship’s stable of partners.
“We saw close to 300 international players appear in the Championship last season and that demands that our referees are in peak condition in order to keep up with these world-class athletes,” Rigley said.
“Greg Garner, our Elite Referee Manager, and our union referee managers ensure that match officials in the Guinness PRO14 are physically and mentally prepared to officiate our games each week and now Macron will make certain they feel good and look good when they are holding the whistle.”
Speaking about the new partnership, Ross Cook, Sports Marketing Manager from Macron, said: “We are so proud to become a partner of the Guinness PRO14 which is now a world leader in rugby. Macron has already had success in the Championship with both Glasgow Warriors and Scarlets (both Macron clubs) being past champions so with all of the exciting new announcements around South Africa and the overall growth project, we knew we wanted to be part of it.
“Many of the referees in the Guinness PRO14 are regulars on the international scene and we’re thrilled to be supporting them on game days with the best possible Match Official Kits from Macron. In addition to seeing the referees and technical staff at PRO14 Rugby wearing Macron, we are excited at the prospect of launching a new official Guinness PRO14 range that will be available in the very near future.”
Greg Garner, Elite Referee Manager for the Guinness PRO14, said: “I’m thrilled that Macron are working with us to ensure our referees have the best Match Official Kits so they only have to focus on the game.
“Our referees do a huge amount of work behind the scenes to ensure that they deliver the best possible performance on the pitch each and every weekend. Knowing that the referees in the Guinness PRO14 have Macron in their corner every week is very reassuring as we enter into the new season.”
About the Guinness PRO14
The Guinness PRO14 Championship is made up of 14 clubs – four Irish, four Welsh, two Scottish, two Italian and for the first time this season two South African teams – who compete in two conferences to reach the Quarter Finals, Semi-Finals and Final.
A total of 295 International players appeared in the Guinness PRO12 during the 2016/17 season with 26 players from the Championship called up to the British & Irish Lions tour to New Zealand.
A record 711 tries were scored during the 2016/17 regular season. The 2017 Guinness PRO12 Final at Aviva Stadium set a new attendance record of 45,566 for the Championship decider.
Macron (www.macron.com) is the European leader in the production of sportswear. Macron operates in three main business areas: “Technical Sportswear” apparel and accessories for amateur and professional sports teams of following sports: football, rugby, basketball, volleyball, baseball, handball, futsal and running; “Merchandising” official kit, free time items and accessories for fans of Club sponsored by Macron; “Athleisure” casual athletic-inspired clothing designed for leisure time for those who want to dress Macron off the field. Macron is a leading brand in Europe, with a success due to the quality of products, high level of service and the ability to interpret the needs of athletes.
MACRON is Technical Sponsor of major Clubs throughout Europe, including:
· Football: S.S. Lazio, Bologna FC 1909, Cagliari Calcio, Ternana Calcio, Vicenza Calcio 1902, Modena FC (Italy); RC Deportivo de la Coruña, Levante U.D. (Spain); OGC Nice, Gazélec FC Ajaccio, AJ Auxerre (France); Crystal Palace FC, Stoke City FC, Bolton Wanderers FC, Bristol Rovers (England); TSV 1860 München, 1.FC Union Berlin (Germany); FC Wacker Innsbruck (Austria); Sporting Clube de Portugal, Vitoria Guimaraes (Portugal); Club Brugge KV (Belgium); Vitesse (Netherland); Hajduk Split (Croatia); Budapest Honvéd FC (Hungary); Dinamo Bucarest (Romania); FC Paok, Asteras Tripolis (Greece); FSHF Albania national football team (Albania), Red Star Belgrad (Serbia); Miami FC (USA), Santiago Wanderers (Chile);
· Basketball: Cantù Pallacanestro, Virtus Pallacanestro Bologna (Italy); Brose Bamberg, MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg (Germany);
· Volleyball: Volley Bergamo, Liu-Jo Nordmeccanica Modena, Futura Volley Busto Arsizio, Porto Robur Costa Ravenna (Italy); Schweriner Sportclub, TV Ingersoll Buehl (Germany)
· Rugby: F.I.R. Italian Rugby Federation (Italy); Scotland Rugby National Team, Edinburgh Rugby, Glasgow Warriors (Scotland), Northampton Saints (England); Scarlets (Wales), Biarritz Olympique Pays Basque, Section Paloise, LOU Rugby (France); Rugby Colorno 1975, Rugby Bologna 1928 (Italy); Portugal Rugby Federation (Portugal);
· Baseball: Fortitudo Baseball 1953 (Italy), Rouen Huskies (France);
· Handball: Junior Fasano (Italy).
· Hockey: Macron Warriors Viadana Wheelchair Hockey (Italy).
Weightlifting: FIPE – Italian Weightlifting Federation (Italy).
Guinness PRO14 Final 2018 Ticket Information: Fans can save up to 20% on selected tickets, and prices start at just €30 for adults and €5 for children, and be booked via www.ticketmaster.ie