DFP Header Area

Match Page 2017-18 - Scoreboard WP ID: 132

Match Page 2017-18 - Last Time WP ID: 133

Match Page 2017-18 - Current Standing WP: 134

Match Page 2017-18 - H2H WP: 136

Match Page 2017-18 - Last 3 Matches WP: 142

Match Page 2017-18 - Season so Far WP:141

There is currently no preview for this fixture.

Match Page 2017-18 - Lineups WP: 135

Match Page 2017-18 - Match Data WP: 140

Match Page 2017-18 - Timeline WP:139

(No headline) 54

jmcconnell 4 Nov 2004

Ulster continued their push for Celtic League with 31-19 win over Neath-Swansea Ospreys in front of a satisfied crowd at Ravenhill.

There was only ever one winner in this one-sided match, and despite the scoreline showing just a 12-point gap, the home side were dominant throughout, and earned a bonus point thanks to their four tries.

Ulster came storming out of the blocks three tries in a 13-minute period of the first half.

But the Ospreys battled back to 24-12 after an hour, before Ulster grabbed their bonus point with a score from replacement Warren Brosnihan.

Adam Larkin began the scoring with a penalty after six minutes, and the crowd only had to wait six minutes more for the opening try of the match.

Ulster made amends after 12 minutes when a Paddy Wallace half break put Neil Best clear for the touchdown. Larkin added the points and did so again three minutes later when a Wallace break put Scott Young clear to dot down.

Five minutes before the half-hour Ulster grabbed a third score when Wallace made the left corner after great initial work by captain Andy Ward. Larkin added a great conversion, and Ulster seemed out of sight at 24-0.

But the Ospreys fought back as Gareth Morris burst through against the run of play, and Gavin Henson added the two points to make it 24-7 at the break.

After a scrappy start to the second half, an Ospreys line-out near the Ulster line on the hour saw captain Williams cross after the visitors drove over the line.
Ulster grabbed their bonus point eight minutes after the hour when Brosnihan was driven over from a line-out. Larkin converted, and Ulster were back in the driving seat at 31-12.

All that remained was for Dave Tiueti to grab a consolation injury-time score which Shaun Connor converted.


Match Page 2017-18 - Summary WP:137

Match Page 2017-18 - Match Data WP: 140

Match Page 2017-18 - Timeline WP:139

Match Page 2017-18 - Lineups WP: 135

Match Page 2017-18 - Performance WP:138