Due to the ongoing adverse weather conditions Munster Rugby are preparing a contingency plan ahead of the Munster v Scarlets Magners League game in Musgrave Park on Sunday next.
If Musgrave Park is deemed unplayable, Thomond Park is the back up venue for this game subject to it being passed as playable.
Munster Rugby officials are closely monitoring both the weather forecast and the condition of the pitches at both venues, with every effort being made to ensure the match goes ahead in Cork as planned. Protective covers are being laid at both venues on Wednesday. Pitch inspections by the IRFU Referee Department will go ahead at both venues on Friday and Saturday afternoon.
If the decision is taken to move the game, information will be posted immediately on the Munster Rugby website, circulated through the media, with direct communication by email to Supporters Club members, season ticket holders, clubs, schools and supporters who have bought tickets online or by telephone. This communication will include information on using your match ticket for this game in Thomond Park or a refund policy if unable to attend/travel.
A further update will be posted on the Munster Rugby website by 3pm on Friday afternoon.